Affiliate marketing is a rapidly growing and extremely popular way for online retailers to drive traffic and gain customers. The point of the whole thing is obviously to increase sales and ultimately to increase profits. Affiliate marketing is being used more and more as a main means of marketing for big business.
This of course means that there is a big need for affiliates, something you could consider being. Well, this in turn means that there needs to be a place or places where affiliates can gain access to these marketing offers and accept them. When it comes to the question of how to find the best affiliate program, there are a few different ways to go about it. Let’s go over how you as an affiliate can find these affiliate marketing offers from those big merchants. It’s a good way to make money, so don’t rule it out!
What Is An Affiliate Program?
In case you are not totally sure what an affiliate program is, let’s just quickly clarify this so you know exactly what we are talking about. An affiliate program is where a big merchant offers affiliates the opportunity to make an income, usually based on a commission, in return for advertising a certain product, service, or just the website of the merchant as a whole.
Affiliate programs allow affiliate websites to put up advertisements or simply add links within website content, thus directing customers to the end goal website. Like we said before, the whole point of an affiliate marketing is to increase customer traffic, and ultimately to increase sales and revenue. To put it in layman’s terms, it involved smaller websites doing some kind of advertisement for a larger merchant in return for financial compensation.
How To Find Affiliate Programs
There are a few different ways in which you can go about finding affiliate programs, each of which has its own merits. Let’s go over some of the best, easiest, and most popular ways for finding a good affiliate program for yourself.
- One good way to find affiliate programs is simply by using Google to search for a specific one. You need to choose a niche, type or service, or type of product. Once you have selected this, go to the search engine and type in, for example baby clothing + affiliate programs. This should provide you with a multitude of search results pertaining to affiliate programs in regards to the specific niche you searched, which in this case would be baby clothing. This is a really quick and easy way to go about it.
- Another good way to go about finding affiliate programs is to go affiliate program directories. These directories are more or less giant lists of affiliate programs available across the internet. These directories may be organized in a certain way, but the usually contain affiliate marketing programs from various fields and avenues, from baby clothes to specialty candies and everything in between. It’s pretty much like a phonebook for affiliate programs.
- Another thing that you can do in order to find affiliate programs is to go to affiliate networks. Affiliate networks are special websites where merchants post or advertise their affiliate programs, what is required, and what the compensation is like. They are websites where you as an affiliate can go to look for various affiliate marketing promotions. These are usually a little more specified in terms of the business or merchants, especially more so than directories, but in the long run, they are fairly similar to directories. These networks are kind of a like a LinkedIn for affiliates and merchants, where merchants and affiliates can connect with each other with the end goal of making a profit.
- The other thing you can do to find affiliate programs is to visit the websites of specific merchants. Big retailers and service providers who use affiliate marketing to drive sales will have a tab somewhere on the website labeled something like affiliate, affiliate program, referral program, webmasters, or something like that. Simply click on this link and find out what kind of affiliate program that specific merchant has to offer.
Some Tips On Choosing An Affiliate Program For You
Not all affiliate programs are the same and they don’t all have the same type and amount of compensation. When it comes to choosing an affiliate program to go with, there are a few considerations and tips to keep in mind before you make your final decision.
- One thing you should look out for, especially when digital downloads are involved, is a good commission on sales. If the program being offered is a PPS program (pay per sale), it is often not worth the trouble if the commission being offered is low. When it comes to this kind of thing, look for affiliate programs that offer up to 60% commission on every sale.
- If the commission being offered is lower than 60%, such as anywhere from 30% to 50%, the products being sold should be expensive, or some kind of recurring subscription. If the products are pricier or there is a guarantee of recurring sales, you can afford the commission being a little lower.
- You should also look for an affiliate program that has a high gravity rating. In other words, how many affiliates have led directly to a sale in a given period of time. If other affiliates are managing to drive traffic and sales to a high degree, chances are you will be able to do the same.
- Look at the product itself. This is another big thing to do when choosing an affiliate program. Is the product popular? Does the sales page for that product seem convincing? Is there a high demand for the product for that specific affiliate program? These are all questions that need answering before you make a choice.
- Look for CPA programs, which stands for cost per acquisition. This means that you can still make money even if your marketing does not directly lead to a sale. You could earn a commission simply from a customer signing up for a subscription with a merchant, providing an email address, a zip code, filling out an application form, or anything else like that. This will help guarantee that you make money even if your ads don’t actually sell the final product.
When it comes to finding the best affiliate programs for you, if you follow our tips above, you should be able to find a really good one that suits your needs and preferences. Remember folks, the end goal is for you to make as much money as possible with as little work involved as possible.
If you like this article, share it! And if you have something you’d like to add, then leave a comment below!